Your donation will support many individuals and families though programming in our Community. Gifts can be made to South East Grey Community Health Centre in person or through the mail.
You can also DONATE ONLINE through CanadaHelps.org
Looking for ways to give back? Here is a list of items that would help improve our services and our clients’ wellbeing
Types of Donations
- Physical Activity Equipment: Ice Skates – all sizes, child and adult, New hockey helmets – for children of all ages to be used for ice skating, Skipping ropes, soccer balls, basketballs, etc.
- Basic Necessities: Warm winter clothing – all warm clothes appreciated, but children’s clothing is in high demand, Kitchen items – slow-cooker, blender, etc. Toiletries.
- Healthy Food – Perishable food accepted on Monday mornings, non-perishables accepted anytime during business hours. These items are usually in high need: canned fruits or vegetables, canned fish or meat, dry rice and other grains, tomato sauce, lentils and other canned or dried legumes, beans, cans of soup or hearty stew, powdered, canned or tetra pack milk or milk alternative, fruit and vegetable juice, tetra packs, crackers, cereal, dried fruits and nuts, milkshakes that do not need to be refrigerated, other healthy snack items, ie. Unsweetened applesauce, granola bars
- Gardening: Garden tools, vegetable seeds, bagged manure/compost (accepted in spring and fall)
- Mobility Products and Assistive Devices: If you have any new/used medical equipment, i.e. bathroom safety equipment (shower chairs/raised toilet seats), walkers, canes, crutches, possibly wheelchairs, etc. please bring them in to the clinic. These items will be loaned out to community members who are recovering from surgery or living with mobility limitations.
Financial Donations are sought to provide for:
- Capital equipment such as treatment room beds, physical activity equipment,
and Capital Building – renovations or building
- Cash – Cash gifts are acceptable by cash, cheque or money order.
- Marketable securities – Marketable securities may be transferred electronically to an account at the SEGCHC’s bank or delivered physically with the transferor’s endorsement attached. All marketable securities will be sold promptly upon receipt. In some cases marketable securities may be restricted, for example, by applicable securities laws or the terms of the proposed gift: in such instances the decision whether to accept the restricted securities shall be made by the Finance Committee and reported promptly to the prospective donor.
- Life Insurance – SEGCHC will accept gifts of life insurance only where SEGCHC is named as both beneficiary and irrevocable owner of the insurance policy. The donor must agree to pay, before due, any future premium payments owing on the policy.
- Planned Gifts – Where a community member or family member makes a bequest in their will naming the SEGCHC as the recipient of a specific sum of money or one of the types of Gift noted above.
For additional information please see Board Manual 1.20 - Donor Gift Acceptance Policy
Please contact Allan Madden, Executive Director at 519-986-3982 or Lindsay Boyd, Office Administrator at 519-986-3985 or send an email to Lindsay Boyd or Allan Madden for more information
55 Victoria Avenue, P.O. Box 360
Markdale, ON N0C1H0
Toll Free: 1-855-519-2220