Assistance for COVID-19
The Canadian Government has a number of programs to assist families in need during the covid-19 pandemic.
Services and information
Employment Insurance (EI)
Employment Insurance (EI) has changed to support more Canadians through the pandemic.
Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
Income support if you are self-employed or are not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI).
Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
Income support if you must stop work to care for dependants due to closures, high risk and caregiver availability.
Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
Up to 2 weeks of support if you are sick or must self-isolate due to COVID-19.
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
A wage subsidy for Canadian employers to re-hire workers previously laid off as a result of COVID-19.
Ontario Support for Families
Financial support to parents to assist with the cost of educational resources.
South East Grey CHC
COVID 19 Update
A BIG THANK YOU, to you, our patients and clients, for doing your part during this current health crisis. You are the important folks that we serve every day, and you are doing what needs to be done to protect your community. We remain open to deal with the most urgent matters regarding your health. Thank you for being open to the phone calls, wellness checks, and the triple screening that happens from when you call in, arrive and are seen in the clinic. Your patience and understanding helps to keep our staff, the families that they go home to at night, as well all folks entering the clinic all safe.
I know you are staying home and social distancing. It is hard being away from friends and family, but again, it protects us all. We hope that by the time the warm weather comes that this situation will start to resolve. We are starting to know more about this Virus, but we still do not know enough. Teams of specialists are working on this around the clock to learn more and therefore understand how to stop it. Your community, from grocery store clerks to the government, is working to keep you safe as you procure only the necessities that you need. Your hospitals are planning and ready to provide necessary services. Your primary care providers are here for you.
Here at the CHC, we have altered how we work to reduce the exposure of you and our staff. We have limited staff working in clinic, therefore most staff are working from home, but we are still available for phone calls. If you need to be seen in clinic, you are not likely to get your own provider, but each one of our doctors, nurse practitioners and nurses are ready to help. We are open from 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday for scheduled appointments only. No walk-in appointments.
Our Chatsworth Clinic is closed – however Susan and Amy are working from Markdale to provide your care.
Our Flesherton High School Clinic is closed- but students can still access the dietitian, Nurse practitioner and counselor through our regular clinic number and they will get back to you.
Our Erskine Site in Dundalk is closed- call our local number for questions or if you need urgent help.
Our Dundalk Medical Centre Clinic is open two days per week from 8:30-4:30 for scheduled appointments only. No walk-in appointments. Nurses are available for phone calls or house calls.
Some information that you may find helpful:
- Our staff practice social distancing in clinic- we remain 6 feet or 2 meters apart at all times and we wear a mask when leaving our offices.
- We will wear a mask and goggles or face shield when we see patients.
- Our triage nurse is in full Personal Protective Equipment.
- We have no staff in our clinic that have had symptoms or tested positive for COVID 19.
- All unnecessary blood work, screening procedures such as Paps, colon screening etc. have been postponed. This does not apply to critical blood work such as INRs, Cancer or Renal Patients, Patients that may need regular monitoring.
- We will make house calls where necessary.
Information for you:
- Our people – all of our people are here if you have questions or need to talk. Doctors, NPs, Nurses, Social Workers/ Counselors, Dietitians, Physiotherapist, Kinesiologist, Health Promoter, Chiropodist.
- If you or someone you know that is a patient or needs our help-please let us know.
- We can help if you have urgent needs such as medication, food, etc
- Please call and ask to speak to someone, they will call you back and provide guidance and assistance where we can.
- Frequent Handwashing with Soap and Water
- Cover your mouth with your elbow or tissue if you cough or sneeze
- Practice Social Distancing 6 feet/2 m everywhere
- People who do not live in your home should not be in your home.
- Go out in the yard, get fresh air, garden, face time or call friends and family on the phone.
Call Us if You Need Us
519-986-2222 Mon – Fri 8:30 am - 4:30 pm